Clothing Wrinkle Eliminator
I don’t know about you, but when I can save time and money by making something myself, it is worth the try. I hate ironing, so anytime I can just spray something on the wrinkles to make them disappear is wonderful in my life.
This recipe is easy to make, takes only 10 minutes and used many ingredients you already have at home.
I add essential oils for a fresh scent, but this is optional.
- 1 cup purified or distilled water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 8 drops clear essential or fragrance oil
- Mix vinegar and oil
- Combine vinegar mixture with water
- Pour into a spray bottle and gently shake to mix
- Shake bottle gently before using
- Spray fabric lightly, do not saturate
- Smooth area or gently pull it straight
- Hang to dry
Note: I tried using this on a rayon blouse and it left a ring. I did not try it on anything silk.
If you use a scented laundry detergent, use the same scent for the softener and this wrinkle eliminator. Too little scent here will make the vinegar show up more than the essential oil scent on your clothes.
Would this tee-shirt look better ironed? Yes, but at least now I can wear it to the park, beach or grocery store without all the wrinkles. Sometimes, I don’t need perfection.