Cinnamon Oil: Useful Household Product
Something that smells so good actually has more uses than potpourri. Also it is easy and inexpensive to make in only minutes.
You can purchase a cinnamon fragrance oil, but you never know what it contains. So many chemicals are not listed on labels.
Making your own cinnamon oil is fast, easy and inexpensive. It will actually be an extracted cinnamon oil.
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 pint pure Olive Oil (the best you can afford)
- Place sticks in a pint jar, cover with olive oil
- Cover the jar using tight lid
- Leave it on your counter for 3 weeks (do not refrigerate or put anywhere below 60 degrees)
- Shake jar several times a day.
After 3 Weeks:
Strain the oil into a dark glass bottle.
Now that you have a great smelling oil, lets look at 4 ways to use it around your home:
As cinnamon is considered an antioxidant, it may be used in many different ways.
- Disinfect Your Home – Use it to clean any non-wood, non-porous surface like counters, door knobs, microwave and chopping boards.
- Mouthwash – Just add a drop to a glass of filtered water and gargle as usual
- Insect Repellent – Add oil to water in a 1:4 part ratio in a spray bottle. It is as effective as any chemical bug repellent. Spray around your home, in your camper or tent, and even on your mattress (to get rid of bed bugs)
- Ease Sore Muscles – Rub on inflamed muscles for occasional tightness.
That’s It. Easy, fast and worth the effort.