Sometimes Flossing is Not Enough
I am all for anything natural. I brush 2-3 times a day and floss regularly (sometimes not as much as my Dentist prefers). I have always had a lot of plaque even with my oral hygiene regimen.
So to cut down on my plaque, I use this simple recipe. I make it up ahead of time with only 3 ingredients!
Just mix them together and Swish! It will soften any plaque and make it easy to remove with a dental pick.
No chemicals, no additives and so fast and cheap!
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Hydrogen Peroxide
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- ½ Cup Cool Water
- Dental Pick
- Mix the baking soda with salt in a cup.
- Wet your toothbrush in warm water and dip into baking soda mixture
- Brush teeth for 5 minutes (spitting in between)
- Mix the Hydrogen Peroxide with warm water slosh in your mouth for one a full minute
- Expectorate and rinse with cool water.
- Lightly scrape tartar with dental pick
- Rinse with mouthwash
Repeat twice a week if you have a higher than usual plaque build up; otherwise once a week is good.
This extra effort is worth it and your Dentist will see the change. I like it because my cleanings go faster, I don’t have bleeding gums and I cut my visits down to twice a year instead of three times a year.