I will let you in on a little known secret. Stores put items on sale at specific times of the year. They do this to avoid inventory before tax time, before the new lines come in and when sales are normally lower.
Here is a common list of times to buy certain products during the year!
- Overstocked items from the holidays including electronics and clothing
- Furniture from the previous year
- Very good chocolate (after Valentine’s Day)
- Heavy winter outerwear and clothing
- Portable heaters
- Travel cases, carry on and check in
- Grocery store frozen food section (out with the old, in with the fresh)!
- Used cars
- Outdated digital cameras, televisions and computers
- Kitchen appliances
- Mattress sets
- Gym memberships
- Charcoal and Gas Grills
- Jewelry (long after valentine’s day and way before Christmas!)
- Back to school supplies
- Laptops, tablets
- All summer clothing
- Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators and dishwashers
- Outdoor furniture
- Summer slacks and jeans
- Computer games, small kitchen appliances,
- Home decorations, candles and such
- Houses and real estate
I know which one has caught my eye for July! Yeah I like bling, but love it at a discount.
Each state has its own list, as some areas of the country go into summer sooner. In Wisconsin if you want discounted summer clothes, you better shop in July, because all the fall clothes will be out in August and summer clothes will be a thing of the past in most stores.
Do you have a list of special buys at special times in your state? Share them!
Good luck and have fun shopping!