I love camping and the smell of a campfire. Here are some of my favorite, collected recipes to keep your family happy and satisfied.
I found these to be very easy to make at home and pack for the weekend. You can make completely ahead of time, or cook ingredients and put burritos together that morning. This feeds 4 hungry campers. Recipes doubles well.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 lb sausage (I use turkey sausage)
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic or 1/2 tsp. ground fresh garlic in jar
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped (I keep skins on)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 tortilla shells
- Boil potatoes for 10-15 minutes.
- Scramble eggs in non-stick fryer over low heat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté sweet onion and garlic in 2 T. olive oil 2 minutes
- Add sausage to onion mixture and cook all the way through
- Combine vegetables, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, cheese, green onions, parsley.
- Scoop all into 4 flour tortillas.
- Roll up and tightly wrap in foil
- put on grill or campfire embers until warmed through
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 8 slices of bacon or ham
- Shredded cheese (we use swiss)
- Diced Onions (if the kids like them)
Bake potato 1/2 way through.
Cut partially through the width of the potato 5 times (depending on size)
Fill slices with bits of bacon and/or ham and cheese.
Wrap in foil and put on campfire.
Options: Use ground Italian sausage instead of ham/bacon and use Parmesan cheese. Cover in pizza sauce before finishing baking.
What do you cook while camping?