If you Love Camping, You’ll love these Recipes
No one likes to cook big meals once they are at the campground. It is a time to spend outside with family and friends in the beauty of the nature around you. However, after a long day of playing the tribe gets hungry. Here are two recipes to feed your beasts in the early morning and late evening faster they you can make a sandwich! You just need to put a few ingredients together before you leave for the weekend.
Make Ahead Morning Burritos
Feeds 8 adults
- 12 eggs
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 turkey sausages, diced
- 1 Sweet onion
- 1 package frozen southern hashbrowns
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 8 Tortillas
While at home:
- Make bacon and after cooling, put in sandwich zip bag
- Cook turkey sausages and let cool. Dice and put into sandwich zip bag.
- Dice all onions and sauté onions in bacon drippings, cool and put in sandwich zip bag
- Measure 2 cups shredded cheese and put in sandwich zip bag with parsley
- Cook frozen hashbrowns and put into sealed container.
- Lightly scramble eggs and put into sealed container
- Assemble all ingredients into 8 tortillas
- Roll tortillas and wrap with foil
- Put foil packages on hot coals/embers in fire pit or cook on tri-pod rack.
Dutch Oven Cheese Potatoes
- Frozen southern hashbrown potatoes
- 8 pieces cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Heat the dutch oven
Layer the following in your oven:
- Repeat layers as needed
Cook on fire for 45 minutes
Two satisfying meals that can be made before you even pack your duffel bags! Both recipes can be made at home in the oven too!