Master Frizzy Hair in 2 Steps
In this cold, spring season my hair becomes dry and frizzy. I have found a way to keep it soft and manageable all year long. I make my own hair mask and hair spray. No chemicals and the results are wonderful.
It is easy, fast and inexpensive! All three things I strive for in my DIY projects!
The hair mask uses only one ingredient and the hairspray uses 4.
All you need is Castor oil (can mix an essential oil to cover smell, but you will wash it out and there will be no castor oil smell).
- Heat the oil to warm it – about 30 – 40 seconds in the microwave
- Massage oil into your scalp and roots.
- Wrap hair on head and put under a shower cap or plastic wrap
- Leave in your hair for minimum of 30 minutes (you can keep in overnight)
- Shampoo your hair to remove oil, with a good non-toxic shampoo (I have short hair, but friends tell me you need to shampoo twice to get oil out if your hair is mid-length or long)
You can use this mask weekly until you see results, which could take about 3 weeks.
- 2 cups distilled water
- 2-3 Tablespoons vodka
- 1 orange or 1 lemon (orange for dark hair or lemon for light hair)
- 5-6 drops essential oil (fragrance of your choice)
- Cut citrus into wedges
- Put citrus into small pot with 2 cups water and boil slowly until liquid is reduced in half.
- Let liquid cool
- Strain liquid (I use cheesecloth) Make sure you still have 1 cup of liquid.
- Mix vodka and essential oils and stir
- Add vodka mix to citrus mix
- Pour liquid into spray bottle
- Shake to combine before each use
That’s it. Great for your hair, your pocketbook and the environment!