Expand Your Budget
Every day I have someone ask me if I know of any way they can earn extra money on a regular basis. These people often have full time jobs. They are not living above their means, but circumstances have put them in a situation where paying bills takes precedence over saving.
I have suggestions on how to make extra money; some on a permanent basis and others are seasonal.
This list is garnered from many different articles on the Internet and combined for you in one place.
- Gather any old DVD’s, CD’s and books and sell them on Ebay, Craigslist or Amazon.
- Sell clothes, purses, etc in good shape here Tradesy, SnapGoods.com, Loanables.com, and RentNotBuy.com
- Tutor someone if you know a second language Try marketing your services on a site like AceYourCollegeClasses.com
- Tutor someone if you know a musical instrument
- Walk dogs, bathe dogs or pick up a yard of refuse (this can easily turn into a business)
- If you understand the new math, contact a school and offer to be a paid tutor
- If you like to write, submit articles to websites that pay authors
- If you get home earlier in the day, consider doing an after school safe place for kids to come
- If you own a truck with a plow, advertise to plow out people during snowstorms
- Take a hobby and go online and sell crafts. Etsy is a good place to start
- Take online surveys, yes you get paid for doing it.
- If you are comfortable on a computer and writing, you can become a Virtual Assistant. They work online doing research and sometimes writing articles for someone who will take the information and write their own articles or book
- Become an online proof reader and get paid
- If you have a decent camera and like taking photos, submit them to some of the online photo distributors. such as Shutterstock.com. iStock, Dreamstime and Sqeeqee.
- Watch online videos – start with InboxDollars
- Like to bake or cook? Offer your services to those who don’t have a clue! Set up a time and place (your kitchen) and get a class together. You could make a podcast and get paid from like Google Helpouts and Udemy
- Sell your skills on Fiverr (https://www.fiverr.com/?utm_source=bl_ct&utm_term=n288b) . Yes they only pay you $5, but if you fit in 5 a week, that adds up.
Well this is a good list to get you thinking. You have skills and there are people out there, either online or in person, who will pay you for them.