Get the month of to a great start with these simple decorating and gifts for Valentine’s Month! I picked some of my favorites that could be done in an hour. These are great for friends, family, teachers and of course, you!
This quick and easy craft can be made for your significant other or for friends and co-workers.
- Mason or decorative jar with lid (clean jelly jars work well)
- Wrapped candy, goldfish crackers, graham cracker teddy bears or beef jerky (depending on person’s preference)
- Scrap of material that has main color as red
- White or pink ribbon (can be left over grosgrain, lace, or curling ribbon)
- Pre-made miniature paper hearts (or make your own from craft paper)
- Just fill the jar with the treat of your choice.
- If using a mason jar, cut the material to be larger than the lid and slide it between the lid and the screw top
- Tie ribbon or lace around top of jar
- Cut out or buy different size hearts and glue to jar
That’s all there is to it.
Mason Jar Recipe Jars
This project takes a little pre-planning to get the supplies.
- mason jars with lids
- felt or paper hearts (craft stores, but also found at dollar store)
- Cookie or Cocoa Recipe dry ingredients
- Cookie or Cocoa Recipe
- Red or pink decorative cord or ribbon
I used an easy chocolate chip recipe.
- Fill the jar in layers with the chips on top
- (you can use a peppermint cookie or hot cocoa recipe too)
- Type recipe & directions and print to fit one of your hearts.
- Paste recipe to back of large heart
- Punch a hole in the heart and string a ribbon through it
- Tie the ribbon with heart recipe around top of jar.
DIY Massage Oil
Well, not everything is candy and flowers!
- 3 drops jasmine essential oil (sandalwood for men)
- 3 drops geranium essential oil
- 2 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 2 ounces carrier oil (jojoba, sweet almond, avocado oil, etc.)
- Small amber bottle (2-3 ounces)
- Mix essential oils with carrier oil in amber bottle
- Cover and shake to mix
- Let sit for 48 hours
- Shake bottle to mix
- Pour very small amount into palm of hand (a little is all you need)
- Rub palms together and massage
Store bottle in a cool, dark place, like a closet to prevent evaporation.
My friends at Bulk Apothecary have a beautiful candle you can make with 6 simple ingredients. Here is the link: http://www.bulkapothecary.com/blog/candle-recipes/valentines-day-candle-recipe/